The client is a leading investment banking group from South Africa, providing on-ground, localized financial services to investors across Africa. They were facing major data and analytics challenges as operations scaled and their legacy platform could no longer keep pace with the growing business needs for agile actionable insights.
Modern Data and Reporting Management Platform, SharePoint Integration
With growing data volumes and complexities this financial services company needed to modernize their data practices, systems and infrastructure. The legacy data management systems faced multiple challenges that obstructed data-driven decision making and strategic planning initiatives, preventing data-driven expansion.
- Data inaccuracies hindering business planning
- Manual workflows falling behind pace of business
- Critical reports took too long to generate
- Lack of standard calculation methodologies
- Fragmented data systems with data duplication
- Lack of common platform for data management
Rysun designed and delivered an integrated data and reporting management platform, leveraging Microsoft’s SharePoint, SQL, and SSRS stack. We automated data operations through SharePoint to enable controlled access to files, data, and reports for authorized users. We also made the client’s large library of older reports available in the new environment – these were critical to ensure business continuity for their own users and also for their customers.
- Automated Reporting System with SSRS – Automated reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to enhance data accuracy and significantly improve business outcomes.
- Data Infrastructure – Moved from legacy to Microsoft SQL Reporting Services. Utilized the SQL Server-side Reporting Service or SSRS for automating report generation and sharing via SharePoint.
- Technology Integration – Leveraged Microsoft SharePoint for seamless file and data sharing, enhancing overall operational efficiency and security.
- On-Site Management – A dedicated on-site engagement manager played a crucial role in understanding the client requirements and ensuring the effectiveness of the back-end team in delivering the right solution and business reports.
The tailored solution implemented, from upgrading the reporting system to seamless data migration, greatly enhanced accuracy and efficiency. The integrated reporting landscape equipped business users with timely insights to accelerate decisions across the business.
- High Data Accuracy – The SSRS-based reporting system drastically improved data accuracy, providing a reliable foundation for decision-making.
- Utilization of Data – Previously unutilized data, now became a valuable asset for business decisions, unlocking new insights.
- Enhanced Business Efficiency – Centralized data and analytics operations were instrumental in increasing overall business efficiency and effectiveness.